Just finished my last final and I graduate this Saturday! Praise God for the things he has taught me. May you learn from my mistakes and triumphs!
Written: Friday, April 13, 2012-Sunday, April 15, 2012
Marathon Runner
I remember like it was yesterday, when I came to K-State in 2008
It was a brand new place, new experiences, and new freedoms.
I had a new life to live.
So I put on a Wildcat identity, always dressed in my purple looking royal.
“My heart took delight in all my labor, and this was the reward for my toil.”
Motivated by being known, the success came in drones.
One organization after another.
Do more. Sleep less. I could feel my heart groan.
But I didn’t listen to the cloud of witnesses.
That I had heard about.
Because I was too busy chasin’ after things that could never amount.
Desiring to be Desired. I sought whatever attention I could acquire.
From everyone EXCEPT from the one who was willing to give it without a cost.
Among Christians I was living like the lost.
Night after night I wasted time. When my Spirit jerked, I let Him know I was fine.
I was with people who were followers of Jesus after all. But together we were in free fall.
Oh, but at least I don’t drink and have sex was my infamous boast.
Unlike horseshoes and Hand Grenades, with God you don’t get points for almost.
On the outside looking in, I was righteous. I went to church every Sunday without prodding from my mother. Consuming rubbish, my new hobby was to neglect my Lover.
After living in self-induced blindness my God stepped in and gave me a chance to confess.
He used mud from my past so that my eyes could see.
In that darkness he gave me a new testimony.
I was the woman at the well. Avoiding, caught up in a lie, believing a twisted truth.
But once Christ met me, I was left mute.
The Urbana conference was my burning bush. God opened my eyes to his multicultural mission.
Missions became more than an ambition. I finally had the ammunition that I needed to make the change I had been wishin’.
Come, taste and see that the Lord is good. Could this be the Messiah?
Well, the last time I checked Jesus was not a tease.
So I decided to clothe, feed, and invite the least of these.
Fighting poverty was no longer just a We are the World movement.
There were people dyin’ while I was figuring out who was to be sent.
To bring the kingdom of heaven near, God lit a fire in my heart…to see every nation, tribe, and tongue come to Christ.
To say the Body is better segregated is another one of Satan’s lies!
The second half of college was much better than the first.
Not saying that I am no longer a sinner because some days I am the worst.
But now I have accepted God’s grace.
God met me where I was and all I had to do was seek his face.
I was spurred to live a Purpose-Driven Life and a penny it did not cost.
Glory to God Jesus chose death on a cross and my debt was tossed.
Although it is hard for me not to dwell on the past,
I realized that I must become preoccupied by a new task.
I finally had to say goodbye to all those old things that I chased.
At first it was a culture shock and I did not like the taste. You see, the identity that people created for me was completely displaced.
To be no longer restricted by meetings and people with agendas, is sublime.
What a blessing you receive when you don’t micromanage the author of Time.
The truth is, Christian norms are not normal. My language is characterized by idiomatic expression, and abiding in Christ is my new obsession.
I asked the Lord to send me and he said Go.
So, I am going, for the Lord is my portion and his provision will be pouring…down on my life like rain. And in sickness or in pain, I will not be ashamed to proclaim my Adonai’s name. God is not tame, and my faith is not lame, so call me insane…for going to the Land of the Drug War.
Amidst the fighting, you will still find the poor.
I will throw everything that hinders…me from bringing the good news to sinners.
But before you shoot the messenger, you must know that my weapon could get you with one blow.
No need to push and no need to shove. For the weapon in my arsenal is unconditional love.
So Drug war, you better watch out because I come to you fully armed—Ephesians 6.
In this marathon I am running and my eyes are fixed.
Even though yesterday is history and tomorrow’s a mystery, we must remember this life is but a breath in light of eternity.
Therefore, I will walk forward with open hands and no plans, for God has prepared my work in advance.
Verses: Psalm 27, Hebrews 12, Ecclesiastes 3, Ephesians 6, Ephesians 2:10, Isaiah 6:8, 2 Timothy 1:7, John 15, Romans 12, Psalm 39:5, Revelation 7:9, John 4, and many more!
In Christ,
Ariel
No comments:
Post a Comment