Buenos dias!
Cholula not Chalupa...
So, yesterday my teammates and I went to Cholula with our teacher Gabriela on a field trip. It was so awesome! One of the most famus pyramids is there. The piramid was built by the indigenous people in Cholula and when the Spaniards arrived in the 1500s, they thought it was a hill and built a church on top of it. Years later they uncovered the dirt and found a pyramid that worked a lot like an onion. It's like six pyramids in one built cleverly in layers. On our class field trip we climbed up to the top of the pyramid where the church was and it was tiring! From the top, you could see all of Cholula and I was in absolute wonder and the majesty of God. WOW...
After the pyramid, we went to el mercado (the market) which was pretty interesting. It was half butcher shop, produce, and flowers. The smell was...eh...Strong. The random pig head hanging made me feel like I was on Lord of the Flies. Anways I got to try a sandwich called Cemita and it wasn't too bad.
Night on the Town...
Last night, we went dancing and it was quite the experience. The most annoying things was that after 3-4 hours of dance class we were all so anxious to try out our newfound Kumbia and Salsa skills. But guess what...All the music they played was from the States or Techno. They were back as far as 70's music! Oh goodness...
Random...
I've had to backspace a million times because I keep accidentally typing words in spanish!
Now what...
For the past week I have been in Puebla. But after class, we are loading up into a bus and headed out to La Preciosita. If you want to see where it is go to the link and zoom in -->http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=La+Preciosita&country=MX&latitude=19.407511&longitude=-98.5466&geocode=CITY
It is extremely teeny with only 648 people in the community. While there, we are going to teach English to kids and adults alike and help out with whatever the community needs. I am so excited to be able to take the love of Christ to these people!
Goodbye for now :-(
So I have been extremely blessed to have internet for the past week...however, in La Preciosita, there is no guarantee that I will be able to get on and update my blog often. If this is the case, I will update every two weeks or so when I come down to Puebla. Be sure to comment or email me at ariel957@ksu.edu to let me know what you are up to!
Con amor,
Ariel
Adios Ariel...
ReplyDeleteAt least for now...It is exhilarating to read from you on a daily basis. Two weeks before getting back to us? That's almost a lifetime...Although it would be hard for all your followers, including me, not to read your daily blogs, however we will learn to readjust. Just ensure you store your new dance moves in the archives for easy retrieval...because I can't wait to see them. Your spoken Spanish I'm sure, should be getting sharpened..C'mon stat (not statistics) amiga..haha? You'll be missed, but please BE SAFE! I love you! Admirer/Follower...