So, I have never been much of a blogger (aside from my xanga days), but I thought it would be in the interests of my friends and family to know what's going on!
The Low Down:
From this Friday, May 21 until Saturday, July 31 I will be in Puebla, Mexico with three other ladies from K-State. We are going through a program from K-State's Leadership Studies program called International Service Teams. My teammates, Shon, Mary, Shawna, and I will be staying in a rural community called La Preciosita. What's really cool is that this is a community of women supported by a university (UPAEP) in Puebla. We will be teaching English to all ages and starting a Theater Workshop in the community for 8 weeks. Our last two weeks in Mexico will be spent traveling! We're going to Oaxaca and Veracruz to see the sights and partake in the culture.
Cold Fever:
I'm leaving in two days. I think it's just really starting to set in. I'm extremely nervous about two things in particular. One, I hate flying, and the idea of landing in an airport in another country terrifies me. Two, I am don't I will be able to fit everything in my suitcase. Don't judge me, I like to be prepared. By the way, preparing for this trip has definitely showed me what a spoiled city girl I am. Can't wait for transformation this summer.
Being that this post is ridiculously long, it's hasta la vista for me!
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others- Ghandi
Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.- Romans 12:1
Leon de Dios-->Ariel
No comments:
Post a Comment