Hey all!
Shop 'til you drop:
Ah, what a blessing it is to be in Mexico! I absolutely love it here! Yesterday (Sunday), we went to el Zócolo! There is a famous cathedral there, and we went to Spanish Mass. I didn't understand a word, but hey, God knows my heart! haha. After that, the shopping began! I bought almost all the souvenirs that I needed (aka. I am broke). The best part of the Zócolo is that we got to bargain. I got a good deal in all but one place where I got ripped a tad, but hey you win some, you lose some! Funny story: As we were walking through the store, we saw a couple of mannequins wearing a pair of shorts and a pair of jeans that were skin tight. After commenting on how tight the clothes were, we finally noticed why...the mannequins actually had butts. haha, we told the teen working about how the mannequins looked in the States and we liked hers better, and she was grinning from ear to ear hahah!
Class unlike any other:
Today was my first day of class. Before we went, we decided to stop and get breakfast at a local restaurant. It was definitely worth it because our waiter was guapisimo haha. Unfortunately our bill got messed up and we were a tad late to class (and by a tad, I mean ten minutes). When we got there, we found out that they put the four of us in our own class! Talk about one on one interaction! It was awesome! Our teacher, Gabriela was half Italian, but born and raised in Mexico City. Today we talked about ourselves and listened to a song called
Mexico en la Piel--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKyhHt55Lk. If you want to know what I'm experiencing here, I recommend you check it out. ANYWAY, it was one of the best Spanish classes I've been in and I'm PUMPED for the rest of the week!
Word of the day...Coqueto-flirt
Random thoughts: The keyboards here are funky. I accidentally paid ten bucks for a notebook today. And the Mexican sun makes me constantly tired. Oh, and two or three ppl asked to touch my hair yesterday hahah.
I miss ya!
I will be in Puebla until, which means that I will have internet. Feel free to email me at ariel957@ksu.edu or leave a comment to keep me updated on your lives! Anyone who has hotmail or gmail should be able to post!Con Amor,
Ariel en Puebla
Hola Ariel!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI only created this account to keep in touch with you. Im so glad you are having a great time down there. It sounds like you have had quiet the experiences already and you haven't been there very long... then again your life is full of interesting things lol you're the opposite of boring ;)
Souvenirs in Mexico are the best, I love buying stuff down there and I do agree with you, some people are willing to bargain but some rip you off like no other so I let my parents handle that lol.
My summer has been kinda laid back. I met up with Nikki & Hannah in Olathe so we can decide on a dress for Nikki and she found one!! It looked so BEAUTIFUL on her, it's the perfect dress for her. Im helping my mom clean houses for money till I get hired so Im crossing my fingers. I have also been hanging out with Brian A LOT, I missed him during the school year and now we finally get to relax so Im happy :) I went fishing once and I plan on going A LOT more this summer cuz tomorrow Im buying my 1st ever fishing pole!!! Other than that nothing else.
Well misses please be safe since it's a new place for you and all. Keep this updated so I can keep tabs on you lol
Love, Anakaren xoxoxox
Hola Ariel,
ReplyDeleteI'm very excited to read and try to keep up with your daily blog. You seem to be having a blast at Puebla. Your brother, her mom and I attended our graduation yesterday, and me and your brother stole the occasion. We both dressed in black suits with red/burgundy ties, white shirt and black shoes. To top it all, we have congruent haircut. Your brother looked immaculate in his attire, except that he really gave me a run for my money. He acted a "fool"..I mean really spoiled. I have to leave the hall frequently to avoid embarrassment. Your brother is getting to talk more, clearly making out words that are easly interpretable.Words or phrases like "let's go" counting "1-15" and so on and on. He's really becoming talkative. I'm done with KU for the semester, however, as I have shared with you I'll be taking a three-hour brush-up course of matrix algebra at JCCC to help me with accurate interpretation of some important equations in my dessertation. Your brother and I will be starting a swimming class on June 1st for 8 days. Then I plan to buy him passes for the Worls of Fun...the Children's Park. That will really be fun. We are going to be having a blast this summer. I wish you were here! We really miss you..Your brother often check your room to see if you were there. I'm very happy with the relationship between you and your brother. I'm very proud of you for being a big sister. Please be safe and do not take things for granted. Continue to be a good ambassador of your parents, school and country. Less I forget, your contacts are here...Do you want me to Fedex them to you? I love you. Dad
Ariel
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you made it to Mexico! I know how excited you were about going. Your mom and dad are missing you already. I will make it my job to keep them calm(smile). I will keep you in my prayers. Enjoy yourself!
Cherry Lawrence